Stop Methadone Deaths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stop Methadone Deaths

To discuss and make the public aware of methadone dangers.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A Call For Voices *This is a call for voices. If you are a loved one of someone currently using methadone, or a loved one of someone who has passed away because of methadone use I would love to hear from you. I am a documentary filmmaker working one a film that will expose the realities of methadone and the effects it has on our society. I am asking for stories to share that will help reform regulation of this drug, and also take away the social stigma of what it is to be on methadone. * * * *My commitment to this film comes from a very real place in my life and the life of my family. My father has been on methadone for over 35 years. My brother for five. My family battles regularly with the health issues methadone creates for both my father and brother, as well as the social stigma's that come along with someone on this medication. * * * *I am driven to explore all angles of the methadone culture. I want to hear from the loved ones who have lost someone to methadone deaths, the loved ones who are losing someone to methadone life, I want to hear from the methadone users, and I want all the same from the other side. I plan to reach out and explore what the people at the clinics believe, I want to hear from the pharmaceutical companies and the government run committees that "regulate" this drug. * * * *Please help me bring a strong voice out to the world that tells the full story of methadone. You can contact me directly by emailing voiceweneed@gmail.com. Tell me about yourself, what drew you to reach out and where you are from. I look forward to hearing from you.* * * *All the best!* * * *Angelica*

Our Son Died from Methadone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yucca13

Our Son Died from Methadone Empty
PostSubject: Our Son Died from Methadone   Our Son Died from Methadone EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 am

Our 34 year old son, Trent, died from taking his prescription medications - methadone, restoril and soma as instructed. He was prescribed these medications for chronic pain. The medical examiner told us that the methadone was the true cause of death because of its extremely long half-life in the body. Methadone is a particularly insidious drug because of accumulation in the body and possible heart arrhythmias. The number of deaths attributed to methadone since it started being used for pain is very scary. Doctors should be required to have special education regarding prescribing methadone.
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

Our Son Died from Methadone Empty
PostSubject: Our Son Died From Methadone   Our Son Died from Methadone EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

I am so deeply sorry for your great loss your precious son Trent.The 3 medications prescribed to Trent should have never been taken together or the 2 mixed with the Methadone.One 10 mg Methadone pill can be fatal.And yes Methadone can be found in the body up to 72 hours later.We lost our 33 y/o daughter Wendy on April 5, 2006 due to a negligent doctor prescribing her Methadone for pain.n the last decade these Methadone deaths has become an epidemic all across the United States.Thank you for sharing Trent's story and know that you are not alone on your journey.We will help you anyway possible in your grief and as we stand together in honor of our children.Our voices will be heard on these untimely deaths of innocent victims. Trent will be forever loved and remembered. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bren
Back to top Go down

Our Son Died from Methadone
Page 1 of 1