Stop Methadone Deaths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stop Methadone Deaths

To discuss and make the public aware of methadone dangers.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A Call For Voices *This is a call for voices. If you are a loved one of someone currently using methadone, or a loved one of someone who has passed away because of methadone use I would love to hear from you. I am a documentary filmmaker working one a film that will expose the realities of methadone and the effects it has on our society. I am asking for stories to share that will help reform regulation of this drug, and also take away the social stigma of what it is to be on methadone. * * * *My commitment to this film comes from a very real place in my life and the life of my family. My father has been on methadone for over 35 years. My brother for five. My family battles regularly with the health issues methadone creates for both my father and brother, as well as the social stigma's that come along with someone on this medication. * * * *I am driven to explore all angles of the methadone culture. I want to hear from the loved ones who have lost someone to methadone deaths, the loved ones who are losing someone to methadone life, I want to hear from the methadone users, and I want all the same from the other side. I plan to reach out and explore what the people at the clinics believe, I want to hear from the pharmaceutical companies and the government run committees that "regulate" this drug. * * * *Please help me bring a strong voice out to the world that tells the full story of methadone. You can contact me directly by emailing voiceweneed@gmail.com. Tell me about yourself, what drew you to reach out and where you are from. I look forward to hearing from you.* * * *All the best!* * * *Angelica*

Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
peternewport

Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  Empty
PostSubject: Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients    Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:32 am

guys ive typed alot about this n found your site by searching my issues. This drug is killing me and there is nothing the GP's n Methadone Prescribers want to do about it.

please look at my blog. the very top page

http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/methadone-is-killing-me_29.html

http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/so-why-do-we-vote-in-australia.html

ive asked my readers if they could help.

http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/how-can-you-help-me-what-do-you-think.html

Back to top Go down
peternewport

PostSubject: Re: Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients    Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:35 am

i was 84kgs when i walked into The Royal Brisbane Hospital. bout 94kgs when i started Methadone i think and now 170kgs or there abouts from the drugs in=ability to treat spinal pain properly.

http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/accidental-addict-oxycontin-80mgs-x-2.html

http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/harrington-implant-2005.html
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

PostSubject: Re: Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients    Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 am

Hey Peter, I have been reading your Blog the last 2 days and wanted to thank you for sharing your heartwrenching story with us. I have been a chronic pain patient for over 25 years...I totally relate to your suffering, frustrations and at times depression. There is so much I would like to share with you on several subjects but I will be leaving to go out of town this morning I must cut this short.However I wanted to tell you my sister-in-law was born with Scoliosis...she had the sugery years ago where the rod was implanted, also. At the time she lived in Arizona she travelled several hundred miles there to have her surgery... Not without complications. I will be back home by Monday night I look forward to communicating with you, ASAP. You, your Father and family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bren
Back to top Go down
peternewport

PostSubject: Re: Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients    Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:14 am

Hello Bren Smile I noticed you on facebook. thanks for your reply. Its been rel hard to deal with everyday. out of all the shit our family has gone through i think this is the hardest.

not sure i mentioned this

http://commercialclubking.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/my-heart-soul-tribute-2-my-identical.html

My identical Twin brother & sister Tracy Newport (16age OD Heroin, due to a once off and the people she was with)

My Dad was in Vietnam infantry. So depression or in the recent 12 months i been treated for Bipolar. however i don't see me any different. its just how i have felt over the years til now.

After my own surgery i have never recovered. all these types of medications are Evil. I had never seen or even talked about in my life before Oct 2004.

I try to tell my story now so others can see there are real everyday people going through this shit. in Australia they have a really bad health system. (not for private health) Because there was nobody to help from the hospital after i had that surgery i got into trouble with an UN-educated GP and Oxycontin. At that stage i wasnt treated for Bipolar but it also wasnt a secret i was having a really really hard time when i got out. Complications and home life was real bad. nobody told me not to take 3 pills on the days that 2 pills didnt work.

I would like to meet all you guys here. i may not respond right away but i will.

Peter

ps iam into DJing many years is why i have that website. yet that is over also. I live on a pension due to those guys doing what they did 2 me.
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

PostSubject: Re: Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients    Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 am

Good morning Peter, As you know I sent you a message on Facebook recently saying I have not forgotten you. My friend is having trouble findiing your post and Blog here I found out yesterday by email. He hasn't joined this forum so I believe that has kept him from seeing your post so I will email him explaining how to find you today. Not that we can change the laws in Australia but never give up hope as we struggle with the same desire here in the USA to educate and change laws with Healthcare.

Again, we have something in common...my 33 y/o daughte Wendy who died from Methadone in 2006, was diagnosed as Bi Polar at the age of 19. The last 14 years of her life we battled her Mental Illlness on a daily basis. Finding the right medications which frequently changed, some costing hundreds of dollars a month or more to help with her Manic Depression was a nightmare often leading me to feel helpless as a parent. Wendy was a rapid cylcler her mood swings were extreme.Please, don't be discouraged by reading this being Bi Polar affects people differently.Your mindset and goals are always encouraging to me.

No, you had not told about your twin brother Bobby, I am so deeply sorry.That had to be a traumatic event for you and your family, how terribly sad.What a beauiful tribute you have shared in his honor.Am I correct in saying you lost a sister, also ?

It is obvious how much you love and admire your Dad and rightly so.

Peter, we are grateful you are sharing your story not only here but with the world. Others will find you...you will help change and save lives !!! Our voices must be heard around the world...we will not sit back silently or sweep things under the rug. Millions of people are walking in our shoes that share our experiences. As we say there is strength in numbers we will find our ways to hold those in Political Office, Physicians and Big Pharma responsible.

I will send you a message or email you soon. Remember Peter, you are important, loved, wanted and needed. Love, Bren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients    Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients  Empty

Back to top Go down

Methadone in Australia for Pain Patients
Page 1 of 1