Stop Methadone Deaths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stop Methadone Deaths

To discuss and make the public aware of methadone dangers.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A Call For Voices *This is a call for voices. If you are a loved one of someone currently using methadone, or a loved one of someone who has passed away because of methadone use I would love to hear from you. I am a documentary filmmaker working one a film that will expose the realities of methadone and the effects it has on our society. I am asking for stories to share that will help reform regulation of this drug, and also take away the social stigma of what it is to be on methadone. * * * *My commitment to this film comes from a very real place in my life and the life of my family. My father has been on methadone for over 35 years. My brother for five. My family battles regularly with the health issues methadone creates for both my father and brother, as well as the social stigma's that come along with someone on this medication. * * * *I am driven to explore all angles of the methadone culture. I want to hear from the loved ones who have lost someone to methadone deaths, the loved ones who are losing someone to methadone life, I want to hear from the methadone users, and I want all the same from the other side. I plan to reach out and explore what the people at the clinics believe, I want to hear from the pharmaceutical companies and the government run committees that "regulate" this drug. * * * *Please help me bring a strong voice out to the world that tells the full story of methadone. You can contact me directly by emailing voiceweneed@gmail.com. Tell me about yourself, what drew you to reach out and where you are from. I look forward to hearing from you.* * * *All the best!* * * *Angelica*

The way I deal with my grief.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The way I deal with my grief. Empty
PostSubject: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 am

When I'm having really hard days I just shut down. I don't want to see or talk to anyone. I just want to be alone. I would have never thought I would deal with grief this way because I've always been such a people person.The only thing that keeps me putting one foot in front of the other are my grandchildren and other daughter. I think my way of coping has been to fight for justice for my daughter. I have to be her voice now. I would like to help prevent another family from going through this unecessary pain. So if you don't hear from me a few days at the time, most of the time this is going on. But I will always come back because as long as I have a breath in me I will continue to fight! My hope is that we will have enough people come together to fight this dangerous drug. There is strength in numbers. Together we can make a change! Thanks to everyone for all you do!
Back to top Go down
https://stopmethadonedeaths.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: My grandson's 1st birthday without his Mom   The way I deal with my grief. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:36 am

Yesterday was my grandson's 4th birthday. He is so precious and reminds me so much of my daughter. He had balloons for his birthday and the first thing he did before party started was take the balloons outside and release them. He told me he was sending them to his Mama in heaven. It just broke my heart. She should be here!
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 am

Tonya, As you well know I have come to know Trysten and what a blessing he is in our lives. To hear his little voice makes my heart melt and looking at his pictures warms it. Of course, we would give our own liife to have our children here to be with their children and our grandchildren. Unfortunately, reality sets in to let us know that will never come to pass here on this Eathly place. You are doing an incredilbe job raising Trysten and answering his questions often about his Sweet Angel Mama and talks about Heaven. How you will raise him allowing him to know all about his Mama, how he can still do things with her like sending her balloons. I am honored to be a part of his life, the lessons he teaches us as an innocent child how to still celebrate with Krista. Thank you for sharing with us once again you touched my heart deeply. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bren
Back to top Go down
sykessl

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:48 am

Tonya,

Trysten is so lucky to have you in his life. You see Krista in him just like I see Jason in Trinity. I know exactly how you feel about putting one foot in front of the other and what keeps you going is your Grandchildren and your other daughter. My daughter Shannon was only 18 years old when her brother and only sibling died. Trinty, Jason's daughter was only 4 and a half months old. It would have been easier to just shut down but we have to be strong and we have to keep going for our families and to be the voice for our children whose young lives were cut short by this horrible drug called Methadone. God bless you and your family and thank you so much for all you do to help others. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

XOXOXO.
Sharon
Back to top Go down
sykessl

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:49 am

I am feeling very sad right now.  When my son Jason Healey was found dead by his best friend and his wife, Rich and Morgan on 5 Feb 2009 I always had a special place in my heart for them because I can't imagine if it would have been me who had to find him dead.  Rich and Morgan helped with the Memory Boards for the funeral service and were very supportive to me during the hardest time of my life.  Morgan called me that first Mother's Day to check on me and she had sent me a necklace that read "May God Hold You in the Palm of his Hand."  I talked to her about 2 years ago and she had left Rich because of his drinking and had given birth to a little girl named Caterina.  She had gone to school for a nursing assistant program and seemed excited about her baby and her new future.  I had her number in my cell phone and wish I would have called her to see how she was doing.  I never knew Morgan had a drug problem.  She seemed like she really had it together.  Last Sunday I had a voice mail on my phone and I listened as I heard Rich's voice telling me that Morgan was dead.  I called Rich to find out that Morgan had died from a Heroin overdose.  She had the baby taken away from her and was trying to get clean so she could get her back.  A friend read me some of the last posts on her facebook and I realized how much pain she was in the last few months of her life.  How sad, she was only 24 years old when she died.  There is a little 2 and a half year old girl named Caterina out there who just lost her Mom.  Morgan wasn't just another Junkie who overdosed and died to me.  She was my friend and she touched my heart in life and in death.  It was so hard for me to have to delete her number from my cell phone.  I am so tired of losing people that I care about to drugs and alcohol.  These are a few of the people I have lost over the last few years:

Scott Healey, Ex Husband, died 27 Sep 2006 from Cirrhosis of the Liver, Chronic Alcoholism age 43

Lynn Trask, Dear Friend, died Jan 2008 from Cirrhosis of the Liver, Chronic Alcoholism age 44

Jason Healey, First Born and Only Son, died  5 Feb 2009 from .63 mg of Methadone (illegal dose)

James Healey, Brother in law, died Sep 2009 from Cirrhosis of the Liver, Chronic Alcoholism age 49

My daughter's fiancé Joe died on 3 Jul 2010 in an alcohol related car crash at age 25 - I loved that kid - He took my son's place and walked me down the aisle at my wedding and gave me away on 12 Jun and died 3 weeks later.  He had been drinking and should never have been behind the wheel.  He was clipped in a hit and run.  He died instantly from head trauma as his car spun around and clipped a pole.

Morgan Thomas, Dear Friend, died Jun 2013 from a Heroin overdose

I grew up in 11 different foster homes because my Mother was an alcoholic and we were taken away.  Even though I don't have a drug or alcohol issue myself my entire life has been impacted by drugs and alcohol.  Thanks for listening.  Please say a prayer for Morgan and Caterina.
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Sharon, I am so deeply sorry to read about Morgan's death. It is amazing how some people manage to hide their depression and addiction so well. Morgan had so much potential then to lose her little girl, Caterina had to be devasting.
When I found out Wendy's daddy was doing drugs I divorced him. I was later told he had been popping pills mixed with alcohol then later that evening he shot up Demoral and died from an overdose. His heart exploded. How do you tell a 4 y/o her daddy has died from doing drug overdose?
How tragic for your daughter and you to learn her fiance' had died at such a young age from impaired driving involving alcohol.
The list of your loved ones and friends prematue deaths from alcohol and drugs has caused you so much heartache.
Thank you for sharing these stories. Love, Bren
Back to top Go down
cheryl mclintock

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Would like some advise; Aug.29,2013 would of been my son David's 21st Birthday. And now coming up Oct.17,2013 will be David's 2nd year that he passed away.His Birthday was so very hard to get threw.... I've decided to try something That David enjoyed doing,and he so loved going to New Hampshire in the winter to go snow tubing and the mountains. And watching the leafs change in the fall. So I am planning now a little get away to New Hampshire for 2 or 4 days.,and also preparing myself for the 17th,hoping and praying,I know its going to be hard,but maybe not as much as his birthday,or as hard as the first year anni. that he had passed.
David passed away from an accidental overdose liquid methadone
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:21 am

Cheryl,

I know how hard it is. I think that is a great idea! Different things work for different people. I know our children would want us to be happy and I think doing that would also make you feel closer to him. We will be thinking about you.

Hugs and Prayers,

Tonya
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Hey Cheryl, I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your son, David. Many thanks for sharing your story and what a fabulous idea about going to New Hampshire !!! Choosing to celebrate what David loved and enjoyed is inspirational to me personally. Anytime I do something b/c I knew Wendy loved it makes me feel closer to her and I often feel her presence.Maybe you could take pictures when you go and share with us, also. You are in my thoughts and prayers...we will always love and remember David. Love, Bren
Back to top Go down
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 5:13 pm

There is a black spot on the sun today, it is the darkness I feel from missing " My Wendy." Your birthday is in 16 days, now I refer to it as your Heavenly Birthday. I can only imagine how special each and every day is for you now as you walk the streets paved with gold. How you can reach out to Jesus so freely and graciously. It is my own maternal desire that weakens my strongest days. My comfort lies within the same Jesus you walk and talk with that soothes my soul. It seems like yesterday at times I was teaching you how to sing, " Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves The Little Children." And how excited you were when we would sing, " Happy Birthday To You," every year, the sparkle in your blue eyes as you thought about your wish. Momma, still makes wishes for you...the difference is ...now they all come true. I love you and miss you, Wendy !!! Momma XXOO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The way I deal with my grief.   The way I deal with my grief. Empty

Back to top Go down

The way I deal with my grief.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stop Methadone Deaths :: Methadone :: Grief Support-
Jump to: