Stop Methadone Deaths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stop Methadone Deaths

To discuss and make the public aware of methadone dangers.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
A Call For Voices *This is a call for voices. If you are a loved one of someone currently using methadone, or a loved one of someone who has passed away because of methadone use I would love to hear from you. I am a documentary filmmaker working one a film that will expose the realities of methadone and the effects it has on our society. I am asking for stories to share that will help reform regulation of this drug, and also take away the social stigma of what it is to be on methadone. * * * *My commitment to this film comes from a very real place in my life and the life of my family. My father has been on methadone for over 35 years. My brother for five. My family battles regularly with the health issues methadone creates for both my father and brother, as well as the social stigma's that come along with someone on this medication. * * * *I am driven to explore all angles of the methadone culture. I want to hear from the loved ones who have lost someone to methadone deaths, the loved ones who are losing someone to methadone life, I want to hear from the methadone users, and I want all the same from the other side. I plan to reach out and explore what the people at the clinics believe, I want to hear from the pharmaceutical companies and the government run committees that "regulate" this drug. * * * *Please help me bring a strong voice out to the world that tells the full story of methadone. You can contact me directly by emailing voiceweneed@gmail.com. Tell me about yourself, what drew you to reach out and where you are from. I look forward to hearing from you.* * * *All the best!* * * *Angelica*

Christmas and Our Loved Ones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bren ONeal
Bren ONeal

Christmas and Our Loved Ones Empty
PostSubject: Christmas and Our Loved Ones   Christmas and Our Loved Ones EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Christmas is the most difficult holiday that most of us face during the year.We are faced with family/friends that avoid talking about our children and loved ones. In my opinion they avoid saying their names thinking they will cause us more grief. When it is the opposite we want to talk about them sharing our memories. I recently read on Facebook where a mother plans on wearing a T shirt this year on Christmas day with a picture of her son on it hoping it will encourage family/friends to talk openly about her son. I lost my daughter Wendy in 2006, Wendy loved Christmas time. For several years we put a Christmas tree at the cemetary and now a beautiful wreath I've bought or made.Every year we hang Christmas ornaments on our tree at home that Wendy made as a little girl at school, church or special ornaments that have been bought since she passed away.The ornaments she made as a child are my prized possesions...some have an elementary school picture...these bring me tremendous joy in my heart. If you have something to share or an idea we would appreciate if you would share with everyone, please.

A gentle reminder...Jesus is the reason for the season
Back to top Go down

Christmas and Our Loved Ones
Page 1 of 1